Free clinics offer a variety of services that can help parents make sure that their children are ready for the school year. From flu shots to sports physicals, parents often make appointments at walk in health clinics or free clinics that are provided as the school year approaches. From doctor’s office visits to hospital emergency rooms to urgent care centers, parents and families have a number of platforms that provide them a way to make sure that they get the health care that they need.
Nearby urgent care centers are the places, for instance, that offer reliable care is an affordable and convenient setting. And while urgent care centers are not free clinics, they do often have the least expensive fees when it comes to standard tests like strep, flu, and other necessary tests.
Finding Affordable Health Care Continues to be a Challenge for Many Families
Even after the Affordable Care Act was passed, there are still many families who are struggling to afford the health care that they need. Fortunately, timely free clinics often offer a solution as the school year approaches. When free clinics are not available, a growing number of people turn to low cost walk in clinics to get the care that they are looking for. With prices sometimes posted in the waiting area or an a website, a walk in clinic provides many of the needed services that families are looking for at an affordable price.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the walk in clinic platform and the many ways that it is providing solutions to many individuals and families:
- 80% of urgent care centers provide fracture care.
- The average child catches between six and 10 colds every year.
- As many as 44% to 65% of all ER episodes could have been treated in urgent care clinic settings, according to a private study conducted by Milliman.
- 3 million patients visit urgent care centers every week, according to the Urgent Care Association of America.
- 65% of all urgent care centers have a physician on-site at all times.
- 60% of all urgent care centers have a wait time of less than 15 minutes to see a physician or mid-level provider.
Finding the health care that you and your family needs is not always easy, but if you are in a non emergency setting, you might find that a walk in health clinic is a great option.