Sometime referred to as a pedi center, pediatric health care centers provide services that many families are looking for. The decision between going to a family pediatrician and a pedi center can be the difference between waiting 15 minutes for an appointment and waiting an hour. The decision between going to a hospital emergency room and a pedi center can be the difference between an affordable bill and an expensive ER statement.
Finding a way to make sure that you are getting the care you need in an affordable location is important to the majority of families in America. Finding the right level of care is also important. Finding the care that you need in the right location is the secret to making sure that you find the results that you need in an affordable setting.
When was the last time that you found yourself looking for care for your children in the middle of the night or on the weekend? Without taking the effort to find out about all of the healthcare options in your area, you may end up spending too much or waiting too long to get the health care that you are looking for.
Consider these facts and figures about the benefits of visiting local urgent care centers the next time you are in need:
- Americans get approximately 1 billion colds every year.
- 80% children will have at least one ear infection before they turn three.
- 40% of children will have three or more ear infections by the time they turn three.
- 80% of urgent care centers provide fracture care.
- 44% to 65% of all ER episodes could have been treated in urgent care clinic settings, according to a private study conducted by Milliman, an international, independent actuarial and consulting firm.
- 60% of all urgent care centers have a wait time of less than 15 minutes to see a physician or mid-level provider.
- 65% all urgent care centers have a physician on-site at all times.
Finding the right health care that you can afford should be the goal of every parent in every family. Emergency services are expensive and are not necessary when it comes to simple fracture care and other minor health concerns.