Womens health is an important and growing industry. In a time when it seems like mens sex products are advertised more than the latest movie release, it seems especially important that the womens health industry continues to grow. The fact that more and more people are gaining access to insurance through the Affordable Care Act, there is actually a growing need for health care providers. From medical centers to family physician’s offices, it is important to make sure that there will be enough future health care providers.
We live in a time when many Americans are leading an unhealthy lifestyle of eating too much and getting too little exercise, womens health and the healthcare for women that they provide can make a significant difference. From medical centers that offer open heart surgery to gynecologists who offer a more specific range of services, it is important to make and keep the appointments that are recommended. If you are a mother with a busy life that combines work, caring for children, and maintaining a home, it is especially important to make sure that you are looking out for your health so that you can continue to take care of not only yourself, but those who depend on you as well.
Consider these facts about the many reasons that it is important to STAY HEALTHY:
- Statistics show that 84% of people 65 years and older die from heart disease.
- The fact is that heart disease costs the U.S. about $200 billion every year. This total includes the cost of health care services, medications, and lost productivity.
- As many as 610,000 people die of heart disease in the U.S. each year.
- You have to stay active and eat right if you want to make sure that you lead a long and healthy life.
- High cholesterol, high blood pressure, and smoking are key risk factors for heart disease.
- Estimates show that 47% of Americans have at least one of these three heart disease risk factors.
- About 47% of sudden cardiac deaths occur outside a hospital. This statistic suggests that many people with heart disease do not act on the early warning signs.
- Living a healthy lifestyle and paying attention to the what you eat is the first step to making sure that you avoid high blood pressure and high cholesterol, warning signs that indicate that you could be a candidate for a future heart condition.
- The fact that heart disease is the number one cause of death in the U.S. is an indicator that there are many good reasons to make sure that you are seeing a doctor for regular health check ups.
- Having coronary heart disease (CHD) is the most common type of heart disease. In fact, it kills over 370,000 people a year.
- You need to find a health care provider who makes you feel comfortable and confident enough to ask the questions that you have.
More and more females are making it a priority to make sure that they are getting the care that they need from a provider who specializes in womens health.