Today’s healthcare system continues to struggle to meet the needs of all Americans. From optional gastric bypass surgery to hip replacement surgery to the immediate care that families find themselves needing on evening and weekends, there are many times when the healthcare system is needed. When you add in the millions of people who find themselves in need of cancer treatment options it becomes how necessary a working healthcare system is.
From orthopedic doctors to surgeons who provide gastric bypass surgery options, it is important that you find the find the kind of doctor that you need to make sure that you are getting the best advice and the most skilled and experienced care.
Many Americans Require Important Medical Care to Live Their Fullest Lives
As the nation continues to adjust to more Americans having access to health insurance than ever before, the healthcare system itself continues to adapt. And even as politicians continue to debate the most needed modifications to the Affordable Care Act, there are doctors, nurses, and many other healthcare workers who deal with the day to day need of current and future patients.
Consider these facts and figures about the most current needs and procedures of today’s patients:
- With 268,670 new cases expected to be seen in 2018, breast cancer is the most common type of cancer in the U.S.
- Orthopedic surgeons perform an average of 29 procedures every month.
- With 609,640 people dying from the disease, it was estimated that in 2018 that 1,735,350 new cases of cancer would be diagnosed in the U.S.
- Fewer than 5% of adults participate in 30 minutes of physical activity every day. In fact, there are only one in three adults receive the recommended amount of physical activity each week, making themselves more dependent on their healthcare system options.
- As many as one in seven Americans has some form of orthopedic impairment, requiring them to need specific kinds of care.
- Sports medicine, hand surgery, and joint replacement are the three most common subspecialties of orthopedic surgery.
Feeling healthy is important to our personal lives, as well as out professional lives. Making this happen, though, often relies on the availability of the best and affordable healthcare options.