What’s the key to great plastic surgery? “Restoration, never alteration,” says Dr. Richard D’Amico, the 2008 president of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons. According to D’Amico and other prominent surgeons, patients are often afraid of getting “too much” done — the type of plastic surgery that makes people look not just young, but somewhat alien. The key to not overdoing it is to opt for mild treatments meant to restore your face to its natural shape, rather than shift it into something else completely.
Are you interested in skin tightening treatments? Many such treatments, including microdermabrasion and botulinum (which includes Botox) are some of the top most popular cosmetic surgeries in the U.S. right now, according to CBS News. Here are two popular treatment options currently available, as well as what you should expect from them.
- Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical way to eliminate wrinkles, discoloration, scarring and other small irregularities from your face. A doctor will remove your outer, uneven layer of skin (the top section of your epidermis) with a gently abrasive instrument.
- This technique is said to help stimulate the production of collagen, which helps to keep your skin elastic and taut. Since the outermost layer of stratum corneum is removed, medicinal and moisturizing creams have greater effect on your skin.
- Most doctors use a specialized tool that sprays tiny crystals onto the skin in order to remove the dead cells — these are then vacuumed away.
- These treatments are fairly affordable, at about $150 a session on average.
- Botox is probably one of the best known skin tightening procedures out there. Botox is a drug made from a form of the bacteria botulinum toxin. Botox causes muscle paralysis. When injected into wrinkle sites, it can make wrinkles disappear (since the muscles cannot contract).
- There can be some temporary side-effects to botox injections, including injection pain, headaches, weakness of the lower eyelid, and nausea. The FDA cautions against activities such as “Botox parties” and advises that the injections should always take place in a medical environment.
- The effects of the treatment last for about three to eight months on average.
- On average, Botox treatments cost $350.
What skin tightening treatments do you prefer? Let us know in the comments. See this link for more references: www.dermacarechesapeake.com