More and more people are going in for cosmetic procedures. From Botox to getting a chemical peel to laser hair removal, people are going in to have things done to make themselves look better. People will even attend or host a Botox party to make the experience more festive. The best laser hair removal treatments will greatly reduce the amount of hair in whatever area is treated.
Laser hair removal is becoming more popular than ever. In 2012, an estimated 1.1 million people underwent laser hair removal. For completion, the average person needs four laser hair removal treatments. Today’s equipment features a cooling mechanism to make the process more comfortable and to decrease any discomfort it may cause. It should be noted that many people have some hair regrowth even after having the best laser hair removal treatments done.
- Research the laser hair removal procedure to determine if it is the right thing for you. The way this works is the laser targets the melanin in the hair follicle. This is the pigment that gives your hair its color. By breaking this down, it makes the hair fall out. This is best on dark hair. It is not as effective on white, blond or gray hair so if you hair is one of those colors, this may not work on your hair. Unfortunately, even the best laser hair removal does not always work on these colors of hair. There are also some medical conditions and medications that may make the skin more sensitive to light. Talk to your doctor before you have this if you are taking any medication or have any hormonal issues.
- Schedule a consultation with the hair technician before you schedule an appointment for the laser hair removal procedure. They can go over the specifics and also they can tell you if they think this will work on your hair. They can do a patch test to see how your skin and your hair deal with the procedure.
- Avoid tanning beds before your laser hair removal treatment. You need to not use a tanning bed for at least six weeks before you have the laser hair removal done. Your skin is vulnerable to blistering if it is tan when you have the hair removal done. By the same token, you should stay out of the sun for the same period of time and for the same reasons.
- Do not pluck, bleach use electrolysis or wax for six weeks before your hair procedure. These remove hair by the root and when you do this, you leave nothing for the laser to target. There is no point to having a laser hair removal done if you have been waxing.
- The day before your laser hair removal procedure you should shave the area. That probably seems really counterintuitive. When you shave, you stimulate the hair growth process. This is what the best laser hair removal treatments target. Your experience with laser hair removal will be much better if you have shaved the area one or two days before you have it.
- The skin that will be treated needs to be clean. You should make sure you shower before you go in for your laser hair removal treatment. Use a gentle cleaner on your skin. Take off any makeup. If you normally moisturize after you shower (it is a really good time to apply moisturizer), skip that step the day of your laser hair removal treatment.
- You will need multiple laser hair removal treatments. Not even the best laser hair removal treatment will work in one session. The treatment works on the hair that is in the active growth part of its life cycle. You will need to have at least four treatments to get the results you are looking for. These can be done every month or two. You should see less hair in the area treated after each session. The hair you do see should be lighter and finer than it was before you had it treated.
Laser hair removal is a very effective way to get rid of unwanted hair. If you hate shaving, waxing or using harsh chemicals, it may be for you.